With signing day and tryouts coming upon us fast, we’ve been getting a lot of questions from prospective players and we wanted to address them now:
The main question is, “Why should I play for the Minnesota Valley Warriors Minor League Football Organization?”
Here are Ten Facts (In no particular order) that explain:
1. We care about your goals as a player. Whether your goal is to play at a higher level, stay in shape, goal to just continue playing the game of football or any other goal, we want to help you accomplish them to the best of our abilities. This is important to us.
2. We want to provide you with knowledge. When you surround yourself with great people that are knowledgeable, knowledge tends to follow. Here with the Warriors, we have partnered with an exceptional, motivated and experienced coaching and administrative staff. They want to help by sharing their knowledge in the game of football, business, in life or anything in between..
3. We’ve partnered with one of the best football facilities of any team at this level of football. In our partnership with Cooper High School. We will be utilizing the High School football field for practices and games. This is key because mathematically (angles, depth, football lines…etc) practicing on a football field best translates to the actual game. In addition, we are also utilizing some of their major equipment. (Sleds, nets, ladders, dummies…etc) this will allow our players to have effective, competitive and structured football practices. Lead by one of the very best coaching staffs currently assembled.
4. We are faith based. With our faith in the Bible and Jesus Christ it empowers us to lead by example as an organization. This also comes with high expectations within our organization. We hold our organization, players and staff in the highest regard and to the highest standard.
5. We want to partner with you as a player. As a non-profit organization, we don’t have owners collecting revenue or an income so it’s important for our players, staff, sponsors or even fans to have a say. Each season we will design new uniforms to vote on, what type of events we should hold for games, what we should theme each game, which charities are important to us and more. We want to involve everyone who wants a say in some of these important decisions through public voting or through a board of director’s vote. You will never hear anyone within the organization say, “My Team” you will only hear “Our Team.”
6. We are an organization under the umbrella of the Northern Elite Football League (NEFL) The NEFL has some of the very best teams in the country and competition is plentiful. The NEFL holds teams to an “Elite standard”, this means from a branding perspective (logos, apparel..etc), from a football equipment standards perspective, online perspective through the NEFL website (players stats…etc) and maximizing player and team exposure through online media avenues and finally through a rules and guideline standard creating a competitive and safe environment for players.
7. Brotherly comradery. Lifelong friends and highly memorable times are often made through the game of football. Whether it’s through games, bus rides, after game activities and the like.
8. Structure and accountability. It’s important to us as an organization to provide structure and accountability with structured and effective football practices, structured football specific workout & nutrition programs and holding people to higher standards. In addition, we have a major opportunity as an organization to help individuals become successful in life and we don’t take that for granted; for most, this is bigger than football itself and we as an organization agree football is the vehicle.
9. We want to make it fun. This is fun, what is more fun than this game? It’s easy to suck the fun out of this game through social drama, politics, fighting, miscommunication, lack of commitment among other things we as an organization find this to be one of the most important facts about the Warriors. Moving forward we’re very commitment to all of these things. We want this to be exciting and memorable.
10. We’re committed to building a championship organization. It was once said, “You play to win the game!” The Minnesota Valley Warriors are going into their second season as a franchise; with that said, there are many teams going into a decade or more as a franchise, so the Warriors are fresh to the race. Many players find a thrill in jumping onto a winning bandwagon; for some, it’s an easy ticket; on the other hand, fewer want to take the hard but far more rewarding path to a championship and create their own way. We represent all of the talented and strong-willed individuals who want to “make their own way” and we will make it together, As mentioned earlier, we want to hear your voice and if it’s for the betterment of the team we will then put it into action.
Other questions can be found on the FAQ section, you can go there at the following link: http://minnesotavalleyfootball.com/faq/
Also, our next Tryout and Combine is next Saturday, November 12th from 11am – 3pm at Cooper High School in New Hope Minnesota. You can register for the combine at the following link: http://minnesotavalleyfootball.com/2017-combine
Co-Founder & CEO, Minnesota Valley Warriors